Brian’s career has led him through two large international law firms, a judge’s chambers, and a prosecutor’s office. Now, as part of the team at Marcus & Shapira, Brian uses that valuable experience to help clients with their most pressing needs.
Brian joined Marcus & Shapira in 2022. Immediately prior to joining the firm, Brian worked for more than two years as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Western District of Pennsylvania. There, Brian handled a wide variety of federal criminal cases, including bank robberies, drug and gun crimes, and child exploitation crimes. Before joining the United States Attorney’s Office, Brian clerked for the Honorable Peter J. Phipps for two years, one year at the District Court and one year at the Third Circuit. And before that, Brian worked for more than four years at two large international firms, including almost four years at Covington & Burling in Washington, DC. At Covington & Burling, Brian worked on teams that handled cases in a variety of areas, including health care, mass tort, government contracts, antitrust, and patent infringement.
Brian was born and raised in Pittsburgh. He obtained his aerospace engineering degree from the University of Notre Dame and his law degree from The George Washington University Law School, where he was a member of the Law Review. Brian lives in Lawrenceville with his wife and their two kids.
Brian is an active member of the Pittsburgh community. For example, Brian has volunteered with Literacy Pittsburgh since he returned to Pittsburgh from DC in 2018.
- Antitrust & Competition
- Commercial Litigation
- Contract Disputes
- Corporate Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Government Controversies
- Insurance Coverage
- Intellectual Property
- Patent Litigation
- Personal Injury
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh
- Jones Day, Pittsburgh
- Covington & Burling LLP, Washington, D.C.
- George Washington University Law School, J.D. with honors, 2014
- University of Notre Dame, B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, 2011
- The Honorable Peter J. Phipps, U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 2019-2020
- The Honorable Peter J. Phipps, U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania, 2018-2019